CPUMINER-OPT: Windows 64, Linux
This program allows you to mine coins and offers a multitude of different algorithms.
CPUMINER-OPT is a command line program, no installation is required.
You must open a terminal windows to run it. Don't click on the executable file!
The important parameters to know:
- -t <number of threads to use>: If you don't enter it, the maximum of threads will be used. The program will display the number of possible threads you have.
- -a <algo> : the type of algorithm the program use to mine.
- -o <the stratum of the pool or proxy>
- -u <your player name>
You can use too:
- -q : program will be less verbose.
CPUMINER-OPT doesn't provide the Window 32bits binary on their github. Unfortunately , it wasn't possible to compile the project on a win32 virtual machine
Lastest binaries are available here: https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases
Download the zip file:
Extract the zip file: right click and then "Extract..."
You can delete the zipfile now
- go into the directory where CPUMINER-OPT is,
- open a terminal windows with the command "cmd"
You have the choice with different executable files:
- cpuminer-aes-avx.exe (Sandybridge, Ivybridge)
- cpuminer-aes-sse42.exe (Westmere)
- cpuminer-avx2.exe (Haswell...)
- cpuminer-avx2-sha.exe (Ryzen)
- cpuminer-sse2.exe ( Core2, Nehalem )
The program has been compiled with different options. Some executables will not be compatible with your processor, or will work more or less well. You will have to try them one by one and only remember the best for you.
- Go on the mining page and copy the command line parameter,
- Into the terminal, type one of the cpuminer executable file and paste the command line.
CTRL+C to stop the program.
- clone the https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
- compile it: ./build.sh
- open a terminal and go into the directory with cpuminer-opt is,
- go onto the mining page and copy the command line
- type ./cpuminer and paste the command line
I have tried all the possible ways to run the cpuminer... but it just fails to start
It's pool.littleworldofsatoshi.com:40101 and no pool.littleworldofsatoshi.com40101
The miner program is working.
You can test the different executable files to find the best for your system. When a share is found, the miner program prints it and give the hashrate. (H/s)
By trying each program and letting it run for a while, the time to find a few shares to get the speed display, you can check the speed.
It is possible to launch a benchmark to test speed with the parameters:
-a yescryptr16 --benchmark -q -t 1
Ivy Bridge, cpuminer-aes-avx.exe