Lags? Check your ping!

• administrators

Some players have difficulty playing normally: lags, the spinning 🐔

If your 🐔 is spinning, you can type the "Reset" key (R by default

The game is not perfect and requires a configuration important enough to play normally.

The server calculates everything and the client party (the player) simply displays the information it receives. A lot of data is transmitted between the server and the clients, which requires a good Internet connection. Attention, not necessary a quick connection but a reactive connection! (ie good ping)

On the other hand, as the server calculates everything, it is not possible for a player to cheat.

Directly:

You can test directly your ping here:
    https://littleworldofsatoshi.com/myping

Manually:

To know if you have a reactive connection, you can very simply do a ping test on the server. Open a terminal and issue the command:

This command will measure the response time between your computer and the server. The LWOS is at France.

Results:

• <50ms: very good,
    • 50~100ms: acceptable to play,
    • 100~200ms: poor to play normally
    • over 200ms: very difficult to play

Example of ping:

PING littleworldofsatoshi.com (151.80.46.154) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from kim2 (151.80.46.154): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=49.6 ms
    64 bytes from kim2 (151.80.46.154): icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=49.9 ms
    64 bytes from kim2 (151.80.46.154): icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=49.9 ms
    64 bytes from kim2 (151.80.46.154): icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=50.4 ms
    64 bytes from kim2 (151.80.46.154): icmp_seq=5 ttl=53 time=49.5 ms
    64 bytes from kim2 (151.80.46.154): icmp_seq=6 ttl=53 time=49.7 ms

"ttl=53" means that the ping data has traversed 53 machines.

It is also important to have a good graphics card to play. Not necessarily a very expensive card. An entry-level card is sufficient. Embedded cards are generally very low performing and hardly compete with an entry-level graphics card. The graphics card is necessary to manage the hardware acceleration that the game uses with openGL (or webGL)

Without hardware acceleration, the game is not playable and you will get between 1 ~ 10 FPS (frame per second). To know your FPS, you can type F in the game, it will tell you your performance.

The normal FPS is according to your monitor frequency. The common value is 60 FPS.

Avoid using streaming (youtube, etc.) while you play. Streaming will grab your bandwidth and get lags.

• administrators

You can test directly your ping here:
    https://littleworldofsatoshi.com/myping

• Testers

@satosushi Hey when I run this program PING Plotter, LWOS is always very high ping. While other sites are normal. I think this is strange. Do you know why this would be happening? There are other sites that I have tried and all them are green with good ping. I showed the few sites with LWOS to compare and show the difference. LWOS is the only one that shows yellow. I check my firewall the site is not getting blocked at all do you know what it else it is?

0_1598465253010_LWOSPingPlot.png

• administrators

@ajk4b435 : If you are from the Americas, a ping of 140ms is pretty fine. I notice your Internet connection is not really good neither: A ping of 45ms on google.com is pretty high (google has a lot of servers and there is always one near you which normally gives a very good ping. Normally 20-25ms)

140ms marked as yellow, it is normal i guess. 🙂

To compare, most of time, from Perou/Brazil, the "normal" ping is 220ms.

The most important is the stability of the ping.

Looks like your connection to LWOS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.